Here is a quick and easy way to highlight a large range of cells without having to scroll or page down…..
If you have a large range of cells that you want to highlight so you can enter a formula or text into them all simultaneously, here are the steps to follow:
1) Click on the upper left most cell (i.e. A1)
2) Type the last cell reference (i.e. C500) in the Name Box
3) Click Shift + Enter – this will highlight all the cells between the two (A1:C500)
4) Just start typing your formula or text – Excel will move back up to the top left cell (A1)
5) Once you are finished typing, instead of hitting Enter, hit Ctrl + Enter. This will enter the formula or text in all the cells simultaneously.